Monday 20 January 2014

Let It Go


I get scared.

I get scared when I don't know where I'm going in life. I'm a bit of a control freak and not knowing is like... it's like I'm some soft shell crab without it's shell, stripped of my confidence, vulnerable and like a piece of bait to the doubts in my head. Yeah, I get scared.

I feel stuck.

But I'm not really. Now that is a truth I believe, and yet have to keep reminding myself.
If I was the writer of my own story in full, I should be scared. I should be restless and anxious, fighting to find answers, to make decisions and to make something of myself. But I'm not.
I'm not the writer of my story in full.

Let it go.

If it was all up to you it wouldn't turn out half as beautiful as it would if it was up to a God that knows you better than you know yourself. Oh you're strong, no doubt. You can do more than you think sometimes. But hey, we aren't supermen and superwomen. We aren't perfect and no one knows that better than we do. If it was ALL up to us, it truly wouldn't be the best.

God is the greatest storyteller. Just let go and listen. (The word "just" in the previous sentence mocks me sometimes, because it is hardly easy to just let go, but it is more than necessary.) Let it go.

I don't feel like writing much more. In reality, there's not much more to add. Let go of the duties you don't need to take on, like your destiny. Be still. Listen. It's humbling and it's beautiful.

God is the greatest storyteller, even when things are twisted and chaotic... if we depend on Him, the adventures with Him are nothing short of incredible. C'mon, let's be patient and seek after Him with a surrender of rights. He's got this. He created you, He knew you before you were thought of and you still think perhaps His plan isn't the greatest for you. Relax and let go. It'll do you a world of good.

He's got this.

God is the greatest storyteller.

No comments:

Post a Comment